8.16.2009

words

A few days ago, Isaac sat on the pot grunting and pushing. Moments later he looked into the toilet bowl and exclaimed, "THAT was as big as a LINCOLN LOG!"

The things that pour out of kids' mouths are said with no reservation, no hesitation, no prior analysis. I have this problem too, saying too much and not thinking before I talk. Surprisingly, this is the exact opposite of what's going on in my head right now. When it comes to blogs, I get a little intimidated by other bloggers' creativity, wit and wisdom, especially when this blog doesn't fit into a "real blog" category.

We are here in Texas, having done the same thing this week that we did last. It's a good thing to have routine, but in a faithful blogger's life, you need something to write about. I do not have anything new to tell you today. Thus, you come to a boring blog entry. The blog topics for today are/could be so numerous. I could choose to rant and rave about controversial topics, but my opinions would probably make somebody mad or I'd say the wrong thing in the wrong way that is not at all politically correct. I could write about something, acting like I know a whole bunch about it, but the truth is - I know a whole bunch about a lot of nothing. So what good would that do? Some real bloggers try to entertain their readers. I am not a "real" blogger. Ree at The Pioneer Woman is considered a "real blogger." I cannot and will not do that.

When I think I know something or have any wisdom at all, I quickly realize my own lack of knowledge. My only words of wisdom and over-the-top great ideas are not my own words at all. So, instead of trying to come up with some ground-breaking knuckle-bustin' proverbs on today's blog post, I'll just tell you where you can find unlimited knowledge, wit, and wisdom. The Word of God. That is better than any blog. Try reading that everyday.

Those are my thoughts for today. So, how did I go from Lincoln Log discoveries to challenging you to read the Bible daily? I do not know. And the great thing is - it doesn't really matter because I have not claimed to be a true blogger. or a writer. or a profound thinker. So there you have it. :)

Also related to this blog: Proverbs 12

1 comment:

  1. I have posted twice but don't know if you have received either of them. Once again I laugh at your attempt to not be a blogger. Keep up the good work. Now to my problem. I will try to post this and answer all the right questions.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete