10.14.2009

opportunity lost

Shonda was a teacher, like me. We taught together in Wichita and became dear friends. She was friendly, fun-loving, had it all together and was just a dear girl, except, she didn't know Jesus. At that time, we were desperate for keeping our sanity, as our job was quite challenging dealing with kids from one of the worst neighborhoods in Wichita. Pretty focused on myself wondering how I was going to make it through the days/weeks/years, I remember praying for Shonda, probably half-heartedly, that she would come to Christ.

Our final year at Jardine came and went. I never shared the Gospel with Shonda. And then Jared and I moved to Sabetha. I offered a feeble prayer that God would work in Shonda's heart, despite my failure to do my part in witnessing.

Do you know what God did? He answered that prayer. Shonda is now a faithful follower of Jesus. Her passion and fire for serving Him is simply amazing. God works, even when we're too stubborn to let Him use us.

No comments:

Post a Comment