10.18.2009

random

For you grandparents out there who'd like to know how our week went, here are a few random things we did.
  • Played at the park. The kids came away with their pockets stuffed with acorns. We cracked one open and tasted it. Not bitter like I'd expected. Maybe we could've put them in brownies. I asked Jared if he wanted to take some home to plant some pretty trees. He refused, saying that we shouldn't plant anything they grow down here; his allergies have been driving him NUTS. (no pun intended--I guess that wasn't a real pun)
  • Wasted time reading part of the Dee Henderson's O'Malley series.
  • Baked raisin bread. It was great fresh and warm with butter, but I left the bag open overnight. In the morning, it was dry raisin bread.
  • Listened to Jared preaching again that I use too much butter. C'mon, isn't there anyone else around that thinks butter (milk products in general) is the best? Honestly, I never used it until Jared told me in 1999 that it was good on toast. I was a margarine girl, but butter is my pal now. He shouldn't have introduced me to it.
  • Went paddle boating Saturday. It was a beautiful day.
  • Got more books. The Mary Cotton Public Library has the brilliant idea of putting stamps and stamp pads at the checkout counter to occupy kids while you check out your books. The Tom Green County Public Library doesn't do that, so our kids always have a hard time waiting patiently. I've been seen tearing out of the library with a bag full of books and two kids barely keeping up. Seriously.
  • Isaac tried on the BEARD. I crocheted a beard for them, so they could sing their own Soggy Bottom Boy songs. They've been afraid of the beard until now.
  • Isaac attempting to play outside in his underwear, just waiting for me to scold him.
  • Counting down. Pulling off the chain links. 38 days left.






5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to your "not for much longer home in Texas"! We loved seeing you guys! I see that you said you were wasting time reading the books, but do you at least like what you are reading during that wasteful time? Its been so long since I have read them that I got to thinking that maybe they aren't as good as I remembered! I hope they are! Come on 38 days!!
    RB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandparents from the church thank you for the update. Hope the real grandparents aren't offended that we claim these kids. Hope to see you in 38 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those books are good, alright! I made Jared fall asleep with the light on last night. He didn't understand. I told him that it was a VERY CRUCIAL part of the book and I just HAD to finish it!! ;) Thanks for lending them! I shall spend more of my time finishing the series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you glad you have that chain? I bet it's not nearly as long now as when you made it ;) We're counting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeling very grandparently... because I enjoyed the update too! :)

    ReplyDelete