3.11.2011

random ranting

An American Girl doll. Do the sweet girls in your life have one? Yesterday, we got an American Girl magazine. Don't ask me HOW they found us, because I don't know. This magazine was filled with 55 pages of AG supplies, from $40 doll outfits to $8 glasses and $14 head gear. Seriously. Head gear. But they called it a Healthy Smile Set. See for yourself:

l kept the magazine open to this page so I could rant to Jared. Instead of starting off with a rant though, I asked, "Do you think Carly needs one of these $100 dolls?" His answer was the one I wanted: "NO!" I told him, "Let's hope she never wants one." Later that evening, Carly found the magazine and began thumbing through it with awe. I told her those dolls were too expensive...as much as TEN Thomas-the-Trains. (That's how we measure money around here. If Isaac looks like he's going to break something, we tell him what it's worth in numbers of trains. He seems to understand well.)


3 comments:

  1. i love to get on the mailing list for these kind of magazines-so the girls that i watch can look through them---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please hide that magazine before Alayna comes to play? I have no doubt she will think a doll like that should be in our house and we haven't taught her "thomas train money" so she wouldn't get the big deal about $100!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Target has a great knock of AG Doll. Audrey got one for Christmas from Nana and Poppa and she knows no difference- yet that is! :-)
    And yes, those magazines are like crack to little girls!

    ReplyDelete