9.15.2009

mops: drive to

8:00...take Jared to work
9:10...pick up bread at Wal-Mart
9:12...cell phone rings. It's High Rise stuff. Self-checkout so I can keep talking.
9:13...another cell phone call. Rainbow wants to update High Rise modem.
9:14...kids push on self-checkout scales.
Self-Checkout voice says, "There are unexpected items in bagging area."
No, it's just my kids.
9:15...scold kids, continue talking on the phone.
9:16...pay for bread.
Isaac mimics the machine loudly, "PLEASE take your ITEMS!"
9:18...driving...get on Highway 67...cell phone rings. It's Rainbow again.
Do I want to increase internet speed?
No, not really, but I want to take Highway 67. I wonder what exit to take to get to MOPS.
9:19...Midas calls. Our car is finished and fixed....for now anyway. We can pick it up.
9:21...call High Rise to finalize Rainbow plans. Do I take this exit? Looks familiar.
Oops. Wrong exit. Light's turning yellow. Speed up.
Hang up the phone. Get back on Highway 67.
9:24...Smith Blvd. That's the right exit.
Dumb cell phones. No wonder people have wrecks.
We continue our previous review of what to expect for the morning...
Share toys with other kids.
Be kind.
Be loving.
Play nice.
9:26...arrive at church where MOPS is held.
9:27...get in line to drop kids off at childcare.

Disclaimer: Don't worry. Our mornings and drives are not usually like this. And I usually do not drive while talking on the cell phone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're making a connection with MOPS. That can be a real encouragement.
    And I know for sure you will be an encouragement to other Moms.

    ReplyDelete