9.15.2009

mops: first time

The Mothers of Pre-Schoolers group started weekly meetings yesterday. The kids and I stood in line with other moms, waiting to drop our kids off in the appropriate child care rooms. This was an organized system. The computer lady at the front of the line quickly took my name, printed off name tags with barcodes for the kids and receipts for me to pick them up. Room P4 for Isaac. Room P5 for Carly. Separated? The kids were thinking they'd get to stick together. Now, for all of you who know how our kids have done in the nursery at church, you know that this seemed a little intimidating. We dropped Carly off in her room first. She stared at us with you're-gonna-leave-me-here-alone? eyes. She transformed to her quiet self and started to play. Next, I dropped Isaac off in his room. LOTS of kids in there....seemed chaotic with 2-3 girls crying for their mommies. I'm thinking, There's no chance I'm getting out of HERE today! But to my surprise....(Karla, listen to this!)....Isaac started playing, and he didn't cry, and he didn't throw an I-want-my-mommmmmmyyyy fit! In fact, two hours later, they were still playing and having fun! MOPS was a good time of meeting new women. I'll admit, I was watching the clock because two hours of childcare is a while. (I know: Myra, get over it.) But I think Mondays will be good for us. It'll be good for the kids to have interaction with others their age. And it'll be good for the recluse-me to socialize, I suppose. :)

1 comment:

  1. Here's a neat little "decorate the gingerbread boy" game on the internet: Gingerbread Boy Game

    Here's one more: use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the Gingerbread man Gingerbread Maze

    Caution: there were a couple of ads on this site that I thought were a little "flashy" for kids. You might want to look at it first before having kids work there!

    ReplyDelete